Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Attached Drawing Query to include "On" Layers (including XREFs)

(1/4) > >>

pacohaas:
I hope I'm asking this right as this is my first post here:

Ok, in Autodesk, if you attach a drawing to the current drawing and define a query of attached Drawings, you can do all sorts of things, except what I'd like to do: Bring in all linework on the layers that are "ON" from the attached drawing, including xref'd layers that are ON.  The idea is to have a self-contained version of a specific drawing that wouldn't require the xrefs, something we could send without worrying about sending every XREF as well.  Similar to exporting to DWF, but keeping the dwg format and layers.  I would imagine the layers to keep names like: XREFDRAWING!LAYER(changing the "|" to "!" so it is a valid layer name) so you could still tell where they came from originally.

I don't know if maybe there's some query option that I'm not seeing that could take care of this, but if not, it seems like something that could be done by someone a little more experienced with LISP than myself(and quite possibly already has been done)

Any ideas are appreciated and if I wasn't clear on something just ask, it makes sense in my head, but maybe I didn't convey it properly.  Thanks!

zoltan:
Autodesk what? AutoCAD?

Are you talking about BINDing the xref? It makes the layer name XREF$0$LAYER.

pacohaas:
yes sorry I am very new to AutoCAD(but not new to programming) and only know a little about the history of Autodesk products.  I use Land Desktop and Land Enabled Map 2005.

I checked out BINDing and it seems to be what I am looking to do.  I will keep poking around, but for now this seems to be the solution I was looking for, thanks!

ronjonp:
Not an answer to your question....but you might want to look into ETRANSMIT. IMO....binding files is the work of the devil. :evil:

zoltan:
I'm going to agree with ronjon on this one!

eTransmit all the way!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version