Author Topic: (AutoCAD LT) How to modify the 'Revdate' block?  (Read 4564 times)

craigr

(AutoCAD LT) How to modify the 'Revdate' block?
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »
I would like to decrease the distance between 'USER',  'REVDATE' AND 'FNAME' in the Revdate block.

Sliding them closer together in the block doesn't change the distance between them.

I went into Properties and changed the text width value of each word to .9, but I didn't like the look of that.

I also decreased the text size from .1 to .08 and don't like the look of that either.

I have modifed the block from AutoCads versionn by changing it to Arial, which did decrease the overall length of the Revdate on the page. But I don't want to change it to 'Arial Narrow' as this would give me similar look to changing the text width value as mentioned above.

Can I change the distance between the words?

craigr

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: How to modify the 'Revdate' block?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »
...open that block in the block editor, move whatever attribute to wherever you want it.
save your changes, close the block editor, and redefine the existing blocks on the way out...

or make your own
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Bob Wahr

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:22:27 PM »
when you modify attributes in a block, you have to do an attsync to get the changes to apply to extant instances.

not sure if LT has attsync.  It used to be an express tool, looks like it's native now but not sure if it's LT.  If not, you'll have to manually replace the block.

Kate M

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
not sure if LT has attsync.
2010 does, but not before.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »
[derail]Are you doing the LT segment of the virtual event next month?[/derail]

Kate M

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »
The "scheduled chat"? Yup, that's me.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 04:50:11 PM »
Cool.  Trying to decide if I'm going to sit in on it or not.  As it stands right now, I'm not supporting any LT seats but that could well change back in the near future.  Learning doesn't suck either.  Will probably depend on workload at the time.