Author Topic: (C3D '09) Creating points on feature line w/ elev  (Read 2167 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
(C3D '09) Creating points on feature line w/ elev
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
OK, admittedly it's been a while since I did any 3D work and then it was done using LDT '04 so I'm just a little rusty. :)

How does one create points along a feature line so that the points get their elevation from the line? I'm using the 'measure object' command to create points at 10' intervals along a feature line but they all have an elevation of 0.00.

HELP! :)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

dfarris75

Re: (C3D '09) Creating points on feature line w/ elev
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »
I don't know that you can on a feature line... There are options to do them along polylines and lines/curves, but I don't see one for feature line. You could try one of those other ones. Is the feature line used as surface data?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »
OK, admittedly it's been a while since I did any 3D work and then it was done using LDT '04 so I'm just a little rusty. :)

How does one create points along a feature line so that the points get their elevation from the line? I'm using the 'measure object' command to create points at 10' intervals along a feature line but they all have an elevation of 0.00.

SINCPAK
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
Is the feature line used as surface data?

Yes it is.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »

SINCPAK

Thought so. :)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
yes because the command that DOES work in C3D is NOT the one you want to use..... :evil:

and yet autodesk doesn't think it is a problem....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
I was gonna say just use a dummy polyline atop the feature line and use the points > surface > along poly OR if you wanted you could create an alignment from the dummy and use the points > alignments > measure or divide...
Strange you can't do them on a feature line.