Author Topic: How do you use OSNAPS?  (Read 8941 times)

Artisan

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 08:01:02 AM »
I have my osmode set at 255. I use an array of different methods to get what I need sometimes. I use the tab button, short cut menu and control button. I have created a few simple shortcuts that let me get to the command I want. I use "LM" which is line;midpoint. I also have a few others like "LE", "LC" and so forth.

CADaver

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 08:32:02 AM »
Quote from: t-bear
So few of you use the cen osnap that I can only assume that most of you are flat-worlders (2D) or architectural (everything's a flippin BOX to them!)  I'd be lost in a piping development without it...........CADaver, you feel the same?
And quadrant as well, how else would you find the BOP elev.  or the Invert Elev.  I use CENter quite a lot, but spending a lot of time in the structural end of things, I probably use QUA a lot more.

ELOQUINTET

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 08:33:18 AM »
i use a combonation of ways. my osmode is 127 which i have assigned to the f4 key or i can type in my initials. i toggle between on and off using f3 and f4 alot. if i need another i use the right click menu. don't use toolbars i used to type them and now i have too many for other stuff.

CADaver

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 08:33:55 AM »
Quote from: MikePerry
[System variables for AutoCAD 2005 users only ->

OSnapNodeLegacy
OSnapHatch

Have a good one, Mike

Thanks Mike.  Now if it just came out of the box properly set.... nah....  just something else to set in the drawing setup.

MikePerry

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 08:49:07 AM »
Quote from: CADaver
Now if it just came out of the box properly set.... nah....
Hi CADaver

Where would be the fun in that ;-)

Cheers, Mike

Big G

• Bull Frog
How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53:09 AM »
when does it EVER come out of the box properly set??
I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

CADaver

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »
Quote from: Big G
when does it EVER come out of the box properly set??
I guess if it did, we'd never know it was there.  It's only when something is broken, we seek a solution, right? :blink:

PDJ

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »
I use running snaps pretty much alla time.  If the snaps are selecting wrong, I just roll the wheel which zooms me in or out.  I also have one row of keys on my Nos setup with my fav snaps.  

As for a choice in the poll of "I don't use O'Snaps", that's the sign of a non-cad operator.   That should be a crime punishable by having to listen to 8 hours of RoseAnne singing show tunes.

I've also got a short lisp routine I wrote to reset my fav o'snaps because it seems there are some lisp routines I use that always reset them to something else and don't put them back as they were.. GRRRrrr....

daron

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 01:38:44 PM »
Funny you mention that, PDJ. The garbage add-on I'm forced to use currently, totally wrecks my osnap settings always. Just the other day, I wrote a vba event that flips 6175 back on whenever a lisp in started and ended. Problem solved.

SDETERS

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 02:05:11 PM »
Different stroke different folks.  But I use accelerator keys for my osnaps.  I usuall have control 1 be cen inter. and or control 2 is like end and midpoint.  I think when I am working with my right hand on the mouse I use the left hand for accelerator keys and such.

hyposmurf

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »
Quote from: PDJ
I use running snaps pretty much alla time.  If the snaps are selecting wrong, I just roll the wheel which zooms me in or out.

Like me Ive learnt to let them run and then zoom in and out for the snap I want.After seeing the other methods of selecting your OSNAPS I wondered if I was if I was using them incorrectly and was curious to see others methods, so I posted the the poll.Appears theres two other membsr who work like me:)

Quote from: PDJ

As for a choice in the poll of "I don't use O'Snaps", that's the sign of a non-cad operator.   That should be a crime punishable by having to listen to 8 hours of RoseAnne singing show tunes.

Thats why tried to incorporate it on my original poll  :twisted: .

t-bear

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2005, 03:07:50 PM »
CAB....
Funny you should mention the osnaps on your N52.... I had them there for a while but there were so many other things I wanted to run from it that I gave up.  Now all four modes are full and I'm thinking of buying another one .....  :horror: maybe for my foot or sumpin' ?......... :roll:

PDJ

How do you use OSNAPS?
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2005, 06:14:07 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
CAB....
Funny you should mention the osnaps on your N52.... I had them there for a while but there were so many other things I wanted to run from it that I gave up.  Now all four modes are full and I'm thinking of buying another one .....  :horror: maybe for my foot or sumpin' ?......... :roll:

Must be terrible gettin old.. I'm the one what mentioned the Nos T-Bear..

I was lookin at a thing that fits over your hand with fingers and all.. My wife was like "You don't need that, you don't play games anymore!" and I told her I was lookin at it for AutoCad work.. Now, have that glove on your hand with commands built into the finger movements and combing that with the Nos pad...  That could get crazy...