Author Topic: Augi In Memoriam  (Read 31949 times)

Dinosaur

Re: Augi In Memoriam
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »
I imagine some people will forget the troubles they've had with Augi and start flooding back shortly.

off topic sort of :
Can you resign membership at Augi ?  I wonder how many of their quoted membership quantum is active ??
Is easy to resign your augi membership ... just post a topic suggesting they allow Michael Farrell to again participate on their forum.
Too late DinØ, ~~~
Too late for them I guess ... I am not sure by now if my account would open even if I COULD remember the name and password.  I couldn't even get them to send a reminder to me because I think the email went out of use about 5 years ago.

xiaxiang

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
Even when I login in ,I coudn't quote any post

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
Do you want to provoke?

YaYaPei can be used when people angers, of course.
It may also have some degree of humor when people is talking each other, especially when telling a story.

Here is a version of code for "YaYaPei" if you meant that was a "provoking".  :-)

Code: [Select]
(defun Smiley_Function ()
(Being_Fun_Stuff)
)
(defun Productive_Stuff ()
(ProductiveStuff)
(Smiley_Function)
)
(defun Fun_Stuff ()
(FunStuff)
(Smiley_Function)
)
(defun Learning_Stuff ()
(LearningStuff)
(Smiley_Function)
)
(defun Help_Stuff ()
(HelpStuff)
(Smiley_Function)
)
(defun Forum_Feedback ()
(ForumFeedback)
(Smiley_Function)
)

(initget "Y P")
(setq Emotions
  (getkword "\n<Y>ayapei or Provoke: ")
); end of setq
(if (= Emotions "Y")
(or (Productive_Stuff)
(Fun_Stuff)
(Learning_Stuff)
(Help_Stuff)
(Forum_Feedback)
); end of or
); end of if
(if (= Emotions "P")
(exit)
); end of if

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
I imagine some people will forget the troubles they've had with Augi and start flooding back shortly.

off topic sort of :
Can you resign membership at Augi ?  I wonder how many of their quoted membership quantum is active ??
Is easy to resign your augi membership ... just post a topic suggesting they allow Michael Farrell to again participate on their forum.
Too late DinØ, ~~~
Too late for them I guess ... I am not sure by now if my account would open even if I COULD remember the name and password.  I couldn't even get them to send a reminder to me because I think the email went out of use about 5 years ago.
That's OK do what everyone else does; just start a new one.  Their membership metric is so skewed that IF their advertisers really knew the numbers they would be lined up around the block for their refund!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sinc

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2011, 03:51:57 PM »
I'm able to login, but only immediate after I purge my cookies.

The next time I go to AUGI's site, I have to purge my cookies again in order to login again.  (The option for "Keep me logged in" appears to do nothing.)

I'm tired of purging my cookies.   :-P

JCTER

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »

off topic sort of :
Too late DinØ, ~~~
That's OK do what everyone else does; just start a new one.  Their membership metric is so skewed that IF their advertisers really knew the numbers they would be lined up around the block for their refund!
You're assuming they base their number on membership.

I'm pretty sure they only care about traffic and visitors.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
I do not visit there but a couple times a week.
Has the traffic slowed down since the change it seems not many new post when I stop by there?

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »
Posting is down overall, but they have been having a number of technical issues over the past few weeks so its a little lower than that lately.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Has the traffic slowed down since the change it seems not many new post when I stop by there?
I wouldn't ask them that, as I'm sure they would say that it hasn't.
From my own perspective and others; who's opinions they did not heed, the way they chopped everything up into nearly every thing being it's own separate forum sure doesn't make for easy navigation.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »
From my own perspective and others; who's opinions they did not heed, the way they chopped everything up into nearly every thing being it's own separate forum sure doesn't make for easy navigation.

You know they re-instated the previous structure, right?

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »

I looked about two-three weeks back and it was still all diced up into way too many categories.
Are you suggesting that if I looked today there wouldn't be 12 dozen sub headings for Civil 3D users to navigate through?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

BlackBox

• King Gator
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »
I just found this thread today.

I didn't even know that Harrie had quoted me over this whole ordeal (back then)... I was pretty pi$$ed off about it for sure.

I started participating in CAD forums at AUGI, I didn't know any better back then. It was a significant investment for me, as I know it has been for many others here. In my limited experience, I've found that each forum (TheSwamp, CADTutor, AUGI, etc.) DOES serve a different audience, even though many members are the same, it's the skill level, or genre of the questions being asked that varies from place to place.

That incident showed me that I shouldn't post anything I'm not prepared to loose (admittedly, that was a lesson I didn't know prior).

While I am still an active member of CAD forums (primarily at CADTutor, and TheSwamp), I do check in from time to time over at AUGI. I typically come here when I need help, and to CADTutor to help others (to the best of my ability). I still help out where I can no matter what, but it's rare that I am able to help the members here, aside from contributing fodder for the chat threads. LoL

I very much appreciate TheSwamp, and the members that make up this community - it's like one big family - you can always find someone who will show you how to fix something you can't figure out, laugh about the mistakes you made, and you better believe that you'll be called out if you 'cross the line'.

The truth is that TheSwamp's one of a kind; the kind of place I like to be.

Cheers! :beer:
"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »

I looked about two-three weeks back and it was still all diced up into way too many categories.
Are you suggesting that if I looked today there wouldn't be 12 dozen sub headings for Civil 3D users to navigate through?

Given your comment, you may or may not be looking at a cached version of the partial upgrade.  The Civil 3D section looks reasonable to me, but its much more complicated than most of the others so I find the sub-divisions are helpful over throwing everything together.  To each their own, I guess.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Nope still all chopped up...

All the division simply creates more work both for users trying to decide where to place the question, and the moderators trying to keep them all sorted.

I don't know we seem to get the C3D questions answered here without all the rails and bumpers.    :-P

Hey it's just an opinion, and if they don;t care about usability; it certainly not my job to help them change it.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
The truth is that TheSwamp's one of a kind; the kind of place I like to be.
I appreciate that, VERY much!!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)