Code Red > .NET

VB dot sharp?

(1/7) > >>

Bob Wahr:
Many of you are all too familiar with my programming (dis)abilities which should help you answer my question.

I've decided that it's time to bite the bullet and start doing this .net stuff.  OK, it's been on my to do list for quite some time, I just haven't really had the time to devote, or the project to do it on.  Do you (yes, if you're reading this, I'm talking to you) think that I should go with some VB .net or should I go more towards the ARX of the C#venant?

TR:
C#.

Bob Wahr:
As they creep a little higher.

How much harder will C# be than VB .net coming from a VBAVB direction?

Bobby C. Jones:

--- Quote from: Bob Wahr on June 02, 2006, 04:32:11 PM ---Do you (yes, if you're reading this, I'm talking to you) think that I should go with some VB .net or should I go more towards the ARX of the C#venant?

--- End quote ---
Either will work.  In fact you've got quite a few more choices than just VB & C#.  Here's a site that I just found with a quick google search http://dotnetpowered.com/languages.aspx

I believe that most of the regulars in the swamp prefer C# (I do), but that is *completely* opposite of what I've found with acad developers in general.

--- Quote from: Bob Wahr on June 02, 2006, 04:38:54 PM ---How much harder will C# be than VB .net coming from a VBAVB direction?

--- End quote ---
Learning language syntax is the easy part  :evil:

TR:
IMHO VB.NET isn't that similiar to VB/VBA at all. You're better off with C#.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version