Author Topic: slides  (Read 3169 times)

AfricaAD

slides
« on: August 26, 2004, 02:33:04 PM »
I am creating some slides for a new block library. For some odd reason, my ACAD outputs colors that are different from the objects. (For example, white outputs yellow).

Is there a variable or setting I need to check before creating slides?

M-dub

slides
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 03:09:30 PM »
Check the current layer (and colour) of the drawings.  I'm pretty sure it will create the slide on the current layer...Don't quote me on that, though.

AfricaAD

slides
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:13:59 PM »
I did a test run with a brand new default drawing, no additions or changes,  same thing.  :(

M-dub

slides
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 03:17:34 PM »
That's odd...
Are you using any 3rd party software to create the slides?  Regardless, may I suggest that you try Blockwerx, found at www.cadwerx.net ?  You don't need to create the slides...but if you want them, it will create them for you.

AfricaAD

slides
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 03:25:10 PM »
The default 'mslide' command outputs it this way. I tried 3rd party lisps, only to create multiple slides at once.

DanB

• Bull Frog
slides
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 03:29:36 PM »
You create a slide with the MSLIDE command. When viewing the slide, you find that it is displayed with colors other than the original colors.

Solution

This problem occurs when the True Color setting is enabled. Before you create a slide with MSLIDE you have to turn off the True Color display feature in the software program.

Type options on the command line.
Select the Display tab.
Under Display Performance, clear the "True color raster images and rendering" option.
Recreate the slide using MSLIDE.

..Hope this helps.

Dan

M-dub

slides
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 03:35:50 PM »
Not sure...never experienced or heard of that.

I would still like to suggest BlockWerx.  A few other users around here and I use and love it!

AfricaAD

slides
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 03:37:52 PM »
That was it!

Thanks DanB.

Blockwerx is pretty neat, but the company I work for uses Dblock.

M-dub

slides
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 03:47:20 PM »
Quote from: DanB
You create a slide with the MSLIDE command. When viewing the slide, you find that it is displayed with colors other than the original colors.

Solution

This problem occurs when the True Color setting is enabled. Before you create a slide with MSLIDE you have to turn off the True Color display feature in the software program.

Type options on the command line.
Select the Display tab.
Under Display Performance, clear the "True color raster images and rendering" option.
Recreate the slide using MSLIDE.

..Hope this helps.

Dan

Good Tip!