Author Topic: Problem publishing ACAD to PDF (assume its a setting)  (Read 1556 times)

CottageCGirl

Problem publishing ACAD to PDF (assume its a setting)
« on: June 21, 2018, 10:57:04 AM »
Good morning,... frustrated.. dwg looks fine, but when it is published to pdf, this happens.. I assume its a setting, or block issue, any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

rw2691

• Newt
Re: Problem publishing ACAD to PDF (assume its a setting)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
It may not be related to your issue, but I just went through a PDF problem directly after a recent upgrade to Windows 10. I hope the coincidence was not related. My problem was that the Plot Styles Table was not working with the PDF. I resolved the issue by exposing all the layers in the drawing, then selecting all the objects, and pasting them to a fresh blank drawing. My original drawing file had become corrupted.

Rick
Hippocrates (400BC), "Life is short, craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult."

pendean

• Mosquito
  • "I am not a number, I am a free man"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »
Looks like you have font issues: how is your PDF driver set to handle fonts and have you explored all the other settings there yet? Your post is light on actual details like your chosen PDF driver, its settings and your plot settings.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »
Looks like you have font issues: how is your PDF driver set to handle fonts and have you explored all the other settings there yet? Your post is light on actual details like your chosen PDF driver, its settings and your plot settings.

I will try publishing on my machine, possibly its the users settings. There have not been issues before, so I thought it was something in the dwg..

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
We had a similar issue with it. PDFs on iPhones would not show correctly.

PDFSHX had to be set to 1 from 0.

Hope that may help.
Civil3D 2020

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »
We also set PDFSHX to 0, as we have way too many problems like this with it set to 1. The other alternative is when making the PDF, chose the option to convert all text to geometry.