Author Topic: acad 2005 question  (Read 1749 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
acad 2005 question
« on: December 09, 2004, 04:07:54 AM »
All,

We are moving onto a job and there is talk of doing the drawings in micro station because our mechanical lads use PDMS ( a 3d plant deign platform ) and it is based on microstation.

I have read birefly somewhere that 2005 will open dgn files and save as dgn files.  if this is true, we may not need to go down the retrain for micro station road, INSTEAD, we take the  "we upgrade to 2005 " road.

Well? is it true?

thanks in advance

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

Darryl

acad 2005 question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 07:27:09 AM »
I cannot say for sure that WON'T work, but I don't think that it will.  In AutoCAD 2005, I checked the SAVEAS dialog box and the EXPORT DATA dialog box and neither of them gave the option of saving the file as type dgn.  Then I searched the help file for "dgn" and "micro station" and nothing was found.  Sorry to disappoint you.

MikePerry

acad 2005 question
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 12:06:37 PM »
Hi

Autodesk Map 3D (2005) makes such claims -

Map 3D Features

Have a good one, Mike

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
acad 2005 question
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 04:41:11 PM »
There are several programmes available to convert Dwg to Dgn and vise verse, just google it and you will see what I mean.

At my previous office we did everything in AutoCAD and had one station setup with MircoStation. When we needed to send out dwg in microstation we imported then into mircostation and save then in the dgn format.  In other words all work was doen in AutoCAD and we used mircostation as a converter.

You could do the same. My old office was quite large and it would cost more to retrain everyone or a few people then it did to buy 1 copy of mircostation.
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

CADaver

acad 2005 question
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 04:55:47 PM »
It is MSTA's claim that it can open DWG files seamlessly. Take advantage of that end of it.

Of course having tried it, I cam only assume that they went to Bill Clinton's lawyer for a definition of "seamless"

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
acad 2005 question
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:37:31 PM »
Of course having tried it, I cam only assume that they went to Bill Clinton's lawyer for a definition of "seamless"

:lol:  :lol:

I HEAR THAT!!

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC