Author Topic: can not run .net dll from the network  (Read 3123 times)

Humbertogo

can not run .net dll from the network
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:03 AM »
can not run .net dll from the network  :oops:

************* Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Assembly asm, SecurityAction action)
   at VHBlocks.VHBlock.InitializeComponent()
   at VHBlocks.VHBlock..ctor()
The action that failed was:
InheritanceDemand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Security.PermissionSet
The demand was for:
<PermissionSet class="System.Security.PermissionSet"
version="1"
Unrestricted="true"/>

Draftek

Re: can not run .net dll from the network
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:34 AM »
You can do it, but your going to have to run thru hoops...

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »
Is that b/c the framework is not installed on the network?  I think this is true, and will affect my next deployment of stuff
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

sinc

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »
You need to relax the windows restrictions.

If you look at the Installation Instructions for the SincpacC3D, you'll see how to do it.  It involves using CASPOL.  Scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://www.ejsurveying.com/sincpacc3d.htm

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
I dont have time to read that right now, Ill have to read it tonight when I get home, but is the windows restriction the local machine or does that come from the ITwits?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Humbertogo

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »
framework installed

Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »
Everything NOT local is not trusted by the framework security system by default.

sinc

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
Is that b/c the framework is not installed on the network?  I think this is true, and will affect my next deployment of stuff

The framework does not need to be installed on the server, but it must be installed on the machine that is trying to run the code.

sinc

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »
I dont have time to read that right now, Ill have to read it tonight when I get home, but is the windows restriction the local machine or does that come from the ITwits?

The local machine.  You basically open a command window, browse to a certain directory (to make typing easier), then type in the CASPOL command that I mention.  That should be it.  It tells your local computer to trust the DLL on the server.