Author Topic: am I missing something (*insert*)  (Read 1415 times)

CottageCGirl

am I missing something (*insert*)
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »
vanilla ACAD2015

I have my basic ribbon.. one drawing open with two tabs..

(this is an almost constant occurrence no matter what I have open or what I am doing. )

I click on the "insert" pulldown.. and either.. nothing happens at all.. or there is a delay of 6-10 seconds before the pulldown opens..

I dont use too many things on my ribbon on a regular basis but it seems to be the only one it happens on.

HELP......

just frustrating.

thanks

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: am I missing something (*insert*)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Does your drawing/template contain a block definition with particularly complex geometry or a large number of objects?

Since the INSERT pulldown contains thumbnails of each block defined in the drawing, there could be a noticeable delay whilst generating the thumbnail for a complex block.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:09:15 PM »
You can disable the previews (Ribbon Galleries) using the GALLERYVIEW system variable, but this is only available in 2016 onwards.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
Does your drawing/template contain a block definition with particularly complex geometry or a large number of objects?

Since the INSERT pulldown contains thumbnails of each block defined in the drawing, there could be a noticeable delay whilst generating the thumbnail for a complex block.

my drawing is 2d, with aabout 200-300 simple blocks with about 8 attributes each.. but the insert pulldown isnt going straight to the drawing i am inserting.. it wont even pull down to let me click on "insert"..